As we plant a seed in the ground, we can’t see the development of the plant as the sun shines on the earth and the rain nurtures the seed, but one day a flower appears. Similarly, we can’t see the development of a child’s ability but we must keep nurturing until the flower unfolds. It is an example of the universal law of cause and effect. As the Bible says, “As you sow, so shall you reap.”
~ Shinichi Suzuki
Congratulations to practice champion Emily for completing her 100-day practice challenge this week. Way to go, Emily! Keep up the good work.
Peter Prier is a violin maker who has established a prestigious violin making school in downtown Salt Lake City, UT. Watch him telling the story of how he got to be a violin maker.
Congratulations to practice champion Frances for completing her 100-day practice challenge this week.
Way to go, Frances! Keep up the great work.
I’m happy to have all of our precious violin and piano students perform! I am so proud of all the work they and their parents have done and what they have accomplished. This is the best opportunity to show all that work.
Here are some details:
- The recital will take place on Sunday, May 18 at Good Shepherd United Methodist Church. The address is:
- Please note that due to the large number of students, both piano and violin, we will have TWO Recitals, one at 2:00 and another one at 3:30 -see below.
- Please be there NO LATER THAN 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR RECITAL TIME for tuning and warm-up.
- Dress is “Sunday/Saturday Best.” No tennis shoes, t-shirts, or jeans, please.
- Please stay during the entire recital and remain quiet (keep the little ones quiet, too).
- There will be a reception after each recital, please stay and celebrate our young musicians.
I look forward to hearing you all!
Be there @ 1:30
Be there @ 3:00
Anna Victoria L.