As we plant a seed in the ground, we can’t see the development of the plant as the sun shines on the earth and the rain nurtures the seed, but one day a flower appears. Similarly, we can’t see the development of a child’s ability but we must keep nurturing until the flower unfolds. It is an example of the universal law of cause and effect. As the Bible says, “As you sow, so shall you reap.”
~ Shinichi Suzuki
Congratulations to practice champion Emily for completing her 100-day practice challenge this week. Way to go, Emily! Keep up the good work.
Peter Prier is a violin maker who has established a prestigious violin making school in downtown Salt Lake City, UT. Watch him telling the story of how he got to be a violin maker.
Conveniently located in the beautiful Lake Highlands area of Dallas, the Love Nurtured Music Studio provides an excellent family setting that is both sincerely warm and professional. Our music teaching studio area is comfortably large and designed so that listening to the music lessons is a pleasurable experience.
There is enough space to accommodate individual and group lessons, as well as at least ten observers. This is important, because when you come for a lesson at our studio, you don’t just sit outside “waiting your turn” -you come in to observe the lesson before and stay for the one after yours. Not only is this a good educational experience, but it also fosters the sense of community that our families cherish.
Our music studio facilities also double as a recital hall, with room for up to 80 people. It’s a great place for student recitals and fun once a month group activities. We also hold home recitals, where different families volunteer to host a recital in their homes on a revolving basis. Of course, the kids appreciate the receptions held after all these events, with their great tables of munchies and snacks!
Even with our wonderful facilities, the Love Nurtured Music Program has its greatest assets in the music learning experience and and its families that together have built a special atmosphere of musical togetherness. The basis for the Suzuki Philosophy is creating a special environment that fosters the development of every child’s talent. At the Love Nurtured Music Studio, everything we do contributes to creating a community of learning where the potential of all children can be realized to the fullest extent.
Love Nurtured Music Program
11882 Greenville Avenue (Greenville & Forest)
Dallas, TX 75243
Phone: (214) 269-8545
Congratulations to practice champion Frances for completing her 100-day practice challenge this week.
Way to go, Frances! Keep up the great work.
I’m happy to have all of our precious violin and piano students perform! I am so proud of all the work they and their parents have done and what they have accomplished. This is the best opportunity to show all that work.
Here are some details:
- The recital will take place on Sunday, May 18 at Good Shepherd United Methodist Church. The address is:
- Please note that due to the large number of students, both piano and violin, we will have TWO Recitals, one at 2:00 and another one at 3:30 -see below.
- Please be there NO LATER THAN 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR RECITAL TIME for tuning and warm-up.
- Dress is “Sunday/Saturday Best.” No tennis shoes, t-shirts, or jeans, please.
- Please stay during the entire recital and remain quiet (keep the little ones quiet, too).
- There will be a reception after each recital, please stay and celebrate our young musicians.
I look forward to hearing you all!
Be there @ 1:30
Be there @ 3:00
Anna Victoria L.
If you are already aware of all the academic benefits that Suzuki violin lessons will bring to your child’s life and know how the Suzuki Method works, congratulations! You are one of the many happy parents who experience the joy of nurturing your child’s efforts and wants him/her to succeed in music, academics, social life, and beyond. Here is how to get started:
- Observe: Come to see for yourself how the Suzuki Method works, meet the teacher
- Enroll: Get all info you need to enroll including tuition, lesson availability, and teacher schedules, register for parent orientation classes
- Schedule Lesson Time: Talk to your Suzuki teacher to schedule an individual lesson time for your child and group class placement
Besides learning how to play the violin beautifully, by enrolling your child in the Suzuki violin program, your child will also learn with ease to sharpen some valuable life and academic skills. Some of them are:
- Increased concentration and focus
- Self-esteem and confidence leaps
- Feeling comfortable in front of an audience
- The stepwise process toward mastery
- Problem-solving skills
- Life-long, positive friendships
- How to read and interpret music notation and theory
- Determination to try difficult things
- Working with others in one on one and group settings
- Sharpen auditory and possibly visual memorization skills
- Dealing with mistakes effectively
- Find the joy that comes through making music
- Learn in a supportive environment
- Much more!
Dr. Shinichi Suzuki realized two main facts about the natural development of language, which he realized could also be applied to musical education. This influenced his creation and implementation of the Suzuki Method:
- Children learn to speak naturally by being immersed in the language-filled environment around them.
- By receiving the proper encouragement and nurturing, children imitate what they hear.
For young children, The Suzuki approach is the most natural and simplest method to learn music.
It extends from ear training, and goes beyond the basics to the most intricate aspects of musical expression.
Regardless of your child’s performance level, the principles of the Suzuki Method can bring excitement and progress toward musical excellence.
The highest standards of music teaching, violin technique, performance, musicality, and enjoyment.
The Love Nurtured Music Program holds a great commitment to the Suzuki Method philosophy, quality of instruction, and the highest standards of professionalism, with more than 25 years of experience and proven success in music performance and teaching young children.
PRACTICE EVERY DAY and record each day’s practice time.
DON’T MISS EVEN ONE DAY, or you will have to start over. If you only have little time, at least listen to your Suzuki recording and practice something that day (like review pieces).
Bring your completed practice chart to your lesson.
GET your Practice Champion T-shirt FREE!