LOVE NURTURED MUSIC
Suzuki Music Studio
11882 Greenville Avenue
Dallas, TX 75243
HOW TO REGISTER FOR LESSONS:
- Come and observe at least one individual and one group lesson.
- Download, print/read the current Registration Packet, including the LNM Studio Policies and Procedures and registration form.
- ONLINE: Fill out the secure Online Registration.
- PAPER: Download, print and fill out the Registration Form included in the Registration Packet.
- If registered online, make sure you receive a copy of your online registration confirmation via email.
- Go to the Tuition Payments Page to pay online, or send/bring in your payment to the studio.
- Schedule your lesson time.
- Get your child fitted for an instrument at the studio, following the LNM Instrument Guide. NOTE: Do not let instrument shops determine what size of instrument your child need.
- That’s it! Let’s make beautiful music!
LOVE NURTURED MUSIC
STUDIO POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
ATTENDANCE, PROMPTNESS, MAKE-UPS
- Attendance at all Attendance at all lessons and group classes is expected.
- The teacher will only make up lessons he cancels.
- Under no circumstances is the teacher obligated or expected to make up lessons missed by the student or parent. Only lessons missed by the teacher will be rescheduled. In the event that the teacher has to cancel any lessons, the teacher will make up those lessons during the week following the end of the semester. If that is not possible for the teacher, the lesson will be scheduled at a later date or your account will be credited for the cost of those lessons at the end of the term. To make scheduling easier when a student is unavailable to attend a lesson, switching times with other students is suggested.
Inclement Weather Policy: In case of adverse weather cancelations, I will post a newsflash on our studio front page: www.LoveNurturedMusic.org. If the Richardson School district is dismissing classes for the entire day, I will cancel our lessons at the studio. If in doubt, go to the source (website). Up to one individual and one group lesson per year canceled due to weather conditions will not be made up. Additional lessons canceled due to weather (more than one) will be made up.
- Students are expected to arrive early for lessons and classes, and at least thirty minutes early for performances. Instruments should be prepared before the lesson is scheduled to begin.
- Visitors are welcome and encouraged to attend any individual or group lessons. However, respect for the needs of the teacher and students engaged in the lesson should be observed. Keep as quiet and calm as possible.
- Upon entering the studio, parents and students should quietly observe the lesson being taught without interrupting the on-going lesson. Please take care of restroom breaks and other details before entering the studio.
- Siblings are welcome to come to the studio if they can entertain themselves and be quiet. They must not be distracting to the parent, teacher, student, or others in the studio.
OTHER SUZUKI PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- The responsibilities of a Suzuki parent go beyond getting students to lessons and concerts. Parents should be in attendance and take notes on practicing assignments at individual lessons and group classes, unless the student is in independent-practicing age, which must be approved by the teacher. It is the responsibility of the parent or student (in case the student is in independent-practicing age) to understand the assignments to learn how to best guide home practice. Parents of an older student, who has taken on the responsibility for his or her own practice, should keep in contact with the individual instructor. There are still many ways to assist an older student.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to make certain the Suzuki recordings are listened to at home on a daily basis. In addition, parents should make certain that the music in the home environment is not limited to the Suzuki recordings. A variety of good music should be played at home and your individual instructor can suggest quality recordings. Parents should also provide opportunities for their children to hear live music.
- Parents are strongly encouraged to develop a better understanding of the Talent Education method used in the Love Nurtured Music Program. Dr. Shinichi Suzuki’s book, Nurtured by Love, provides a good introduction to the Talent Education movement, and there are many other books and resources available from a number of different suppliers.
The Love Nurtured Music Program reserves the right, and may give permission to its photographer or outside media, to photograph or video classes, programs and participants at all our facilities and properties. Please be aware that these photos and videos are for instructional and promotional purposes only and may be used in future publications and media communications. By participating in the music school classes and programs, you consent to the taking and publication of your child’s photograph and video for these purposes.