LOVE NURTURED MUSIC
Suzuki Music Studio
11882 Greenville Avenue
Suite B 103
Dallas, TX 75243
HOW TO REGISTER FOR LESSONS:
- Read and Print the Studio Policies and procedures (This Page) [printfriendly]
- Fill Out the secure Online Registration
- Receive Confirmation Email
- Go to the Tuition Payments Page and Pay Online, Send or Bring in your Payment
- Schedule your lesson time
If you prefer to do it by paper, Download/Print/Fill Out Registration Package/Form and send/bring it in.
2016 – 2017 Tuition Policies and Fees
The instructional school year consists of 40 individual lessons and 30 group lessons, play-ins, recitals, or concerts. Individual lessons are 30, 45, 60 minutes in length or longer for advanced or out-of-town commuting students. The school year starts on August 22, 2014 and ends on June 23, 2015. There will be breaks usual to the school year for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and spring break (March 11-19, 2017). The Love Nurtured Music Program’s official school calendar will be online at www.LoveNurturedMusic.org.
New students can be accepted throughout the year as long as there is an opening in the teacher’s schedule. In such a case, tuition will be pro-rated for the number of weeks remaining in the school year.
Along the first tuition payment, a non-refundable registration/materials fee of $60 is due upon enrollment. This fee will cover registration, as well as core materials and recital fees for the current school year.
One Payment – August 15
Two Payments – August 15; January 1
Four Payments – August 15; November 1; February 1; May 1
Once parents decide to enroll your child in Suzuki lessons, it is important to understand that a serious commitment is being made. This musical training will benefit your whole child in ways that will last a lifetime; however, it will not always be easy. During difficult periods, you as parents need to support and encourage your child more than usual. At times, the practice parent will need encouragement.
It is important not to “take a break” from lessons or quit when difficulties occur. Upon enrollment in the program, students and parents are expected to continue lessons for the entire year. Parents who decide to discontinue lessons before the year has been completed are not excused from their financial obligation to cover the entire school year’s tuition. The teacher reserves the right to discontinue any student who does not exhibit sufficient interest to progress or whose parent is not fulfilling his/her responsibilities as the home teacher. If a student is dismissed by the teacher and tuition has been paid exceeding the number of weeks or lessons taught, the parent will receive the remainder correspondent tuition.
Please be on time for your scheduled payments. Your teacher’s paycheck is very important. There will be a $40 Late Fee charged for each tuition payment paid one day after the due date. The due dates are indicated in each payment schedule.
The year includes lessons, recitals and other musical activities, scheduled throughout the year. Some weeks will not have lessons due to typical vacation time, such as Thanksgiving and Christmas, and other weeks are not scheduled due to teacher’s scheduled absence. Unscheduled absences by the teacher will always be re-scheduled at a mutually convenient time.
Parents may choose one of three payment plans. The options for payment are Annual, Semi-Annual, or Quarterly. Payments are not based upon the number of lessons in a period but are equally divided into payments. The period’s fee is the same amount regardless of extra weeks in certain months or whether the student attended all lessons or not.
No refunds, credits, or make-up lessons will be given for student absences, for any reason. It is understandable that illnesses and emergencies arise; however, those lessons will not be made-up, re-scheduled, or credited to your account.
The first tuition payment is due on or before August 15th. Semi-annual payments are due again by January 1, and Quarterly payments are due by November 1, Feb 1, and May 1. Parents who decide to discontinue lessons before the year has been completed are not excused from their financial obligation to complete their year’s commitment. New students can be accepted throughout the year as long as there is an opening in the teacher’s schedule. In such a case, tuition will be pro-rated for the number of weeks remaining in the school year.
LOVE NURTURED MUSIC
STUDIO POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
ATTENDANCE, PROMPTNESS, MAKE-UPS
- Attendance at all Attendance at all lessons and group classes is expected.
- The teacher will only make up lessons he cancels.
- Under no circumstances is the teacher obligated or expected to make up lessons missed by the student or parent. Only lessons missed by the teacher will be rescheduled. In the event that the teacher has to cancel any lessons, the teacher will make up those lessons during the week following the end of the semester. If that is not possible for the teacher, the lesson will be scheduled at a later date or your account will be credited for the cost of those lessons at the end of the term. To make scheduling easier when a student is unavailable to attend a lesson, switching times with other students is suggested.
Inclement Weather Policy: In case of adverse weather cancelations, I will post a newsflash on our studio front page: www.LoveNurturedMusic.org. If the Richardson School district is dismissing classes for the entire day, I will cancel our lessons at the studio. If in doubt, go to the source (website). Up to one individual and one group lesson per year canceled due to weather conditions will not be made up. Additional lessons canceled due to weather (more than one) will be made up.
- Students are expected to arrive early for lessons and classes, and at least thirty minutes early for performances. Instruments should be prepared before the lesson is scheduled to begin.
- Visitors are welcome and encouraged to attend any individual or group lessons. However, respect for the needs of the teacher and students engaged in the lesson should be observed. Keep as quiet and calm as possible.
- Upon entering the studio, parents and students should quietly observe the lesson being taught without interrupting the on-going lesson. Please take care of restroom breaks and other details before entering the studio.
- Siblings are welcome to come to the studio if they can entertain themselves and be quiet. They must not be distracting to the parent, teacher, student, or others in the studio.
OTHER SUZUKI PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- The responsibilities of a Suzuki parent go beyond getting students to lessons and concerts. Parents should be in attendance and take notes on practicing assignments at individual lessons and group classes, unless the student is in independent-practicing age, which must be approved by the teacher. It is the responsibility of the parent or student (in case the student is in independent-practicing age) to understand the assignments to learn how to best guide home practice. Parents of an older student, who has taken on the responsibility for his or her own practice, should keep in contact with the individual instructor. There are still many ways to assist an older student.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to make certain the Suzuki recordings are listened to at home on a daily basis. In addition, parents should make certain that the music in the home environment is not limited to the Suzuki recordings. A variety of good music should be played at home and your individual instructor can suggest quality recordings. Parents should also provide opportunities for their children to hear live music.
- Parents are strongly encouraged to develop a better understanding of the Talent Education method used in the Love Nurtured Music Program. Dr. Shinichi Suzuki’s book, Nurtured by Love, provides a good introduction to the Talent Education movement, and there are many other books and resources available from a number of different suppliers.
The Love Nurtured Music Program reserves the right, and may give permission to its photographer or outside media, to photograph or video classes, programs and participants at all our facilities and properties. Please be aware that these photos and videos are for instructional and promotional purposes only and may be used in future publications and media communications. By participating in the music school classes and programs, you consent to the taking and publication of your child’s photograph and video for these purposes.